Monday, July 2, 2007

lets take a spin

or a jaunt, a skip and a hop even, whatever mode of transportation you might prefer. the point is we've got to just go. you see, i've always been the slacker type; things just seem to come pretty naturally to me and thats made me a bit lethargic over the years. i have tended to do things only when they needed to get done: laundry, paying bills, filling the car with gas, napping, chewing, and so forth. and its worked out well for me. i've traveled to many parts of the world, graduated with a b.f.a. + honors (and to those of you who would look down on an art degree with a scoff and an eye roll let me just say, some of you have a point), i've never actually had to apply for a job but always had one, and have, in my opinion, pretty great friends.
currently however, i am a partner in a design studio, two-thousand dollars in debt, and live with my former professor. its been like this for about a year now and to say that i'm just where i want to be in life would be, well, a little inaccurate, so i need to get out of first gear and go. hitchhikers welcome.